Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program from the Queensland Government
Are you a small or micro business that has been highly impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions? Did you have to adapt, sustain and build resilience within your operations in some way as a result? The Queensland Government has just announced the “Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program” and you may be eligible.
The grant is worth up to $10,000 per eligible small business entity with applications limited to the program budget making it important to act quickly if you want a chance.
The goal of this program is to help affected small businesses to prepare for the continue of trade, access digital technologies, respond to online opportunities, up-skill and re-skill business owners and staff, embrace diversification and create and retain employment.
What can the funds be used for to achieve this?
- Professional advice to support business sustainability – (financial and legal)
- Access to resources to help with business development and diversification
- Access to marketing activities and content development
- Technological strategy development and digital training to adapt to new business models
- Capital costs that are linked to meeting COVID-19 safe workplace requirements
- Meeting business costs including utilities and rent
The project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
To be eligible, the business must:
- Have been highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions, or subject to closure as at 23 March 2020
- Demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 for a minimum of 1-month period due to the management of COVID-19
- Have less than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an ABN as at 23 March 2020
- Be registered for GST
- Headquarters located in Queensland
- Annual turnover of $75,000 for the last financial year
- Payroll of less than $1.3 million
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are undischarged bankrupt
The funding will be paid upon approval of grant application. Within 1 month of completing the project, applicants must:
- Complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- Submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
Before applying please make sure you read Application Guidelines, Terms and Conditions and FAQs. Once you are well informed, and you think you are eligible you can apply via this link: Apply for 2020 Small Business Adaptation Grant.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss further with one of our Macro Group team members please don’t hesitate to call or email.